CONTACT A TRACTOR TRAILER ACCIDENT ATTORNEY IF YOU HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN A TRUCK ACCIDENT.
If you’re involved in a vehicle accident in Atlanta under any circumstances, you need to speak with a personal injury attorney. But if you’ve been injured in an accident involving the negligence of a semi, big-rig, tractor - trailer or other truck driver, you need to contact an experienced Atlanta truck accident attorney as soon as possible.
That’s because someone from the company that owns the truck will be on the phone with their corporate attorneys before the ink on the ticket has dried, and they’ll start preparing their defense before you’ve even begun to consider legal matters.
Causes of tractor trailer Accidents
There can be multiple factors at play in accidents that involve commercial vehicles, and there may be more than one liable entity. When you’re injured in a semi-truck accident, you need to focus on getting well — and allow your personal injury lawyer to take care of the rest.
According to a study by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration of the U.S. Department of Transportation, there are three main causes of truck crashes. These include:
- Running out of the travel lane and into another lane or off the road.
- Loss of control.
- Rear-end collision with a vehicle in the truck’s travel lane.
There are many reasons why these above events can occur. Such reasons include:
- Truck driver fatigue
- Poor truck maintenance
- Truck driver inexperience
- Truck driver distraction
- Unsafe operation by the truck driver
- Mechanical failure
- Overloaded trucks
Truck accidents account for more than 4,800 fatalities across the United States each year. In addition, 1 out of 9 traffic fatalities involved a large truck and another 100,000 individuals are injured in these types of accidents each year. Therefore, taking extra precautions when driving around a large truck is best to protect both yourself and the truck driver.
HOW to PROVE TRUCK DRIVER NEGLIGENCE
An experienced truck accident attorney will help to prove truck driver negligence by conducting a thorough investigation to pinpoint negligent behavior that caused your injuries. These critical tasks will ensure that you are properly compensated for your injuries:
- Investigate whether the vehicle was maintained properly.
- Review the truck driver’s company logbooks to ensure that state trucking regulations were correctly followed.
- Investigate the credentials of the truck driver.
- Investigate if all traffic laws were followed by the truck driver.
- Review police reports, photographs, and witness statements from the scene of the accident.
- Investigate whether there were any manufacturing defects in the truck.
- Accident scene reconstruction and analyses.
COMPENSATION THAT CAN BE RECOVERED
If you are the victim of a truck accident in the Atlanta area, you may be entitled to recover damages for losses, including:
- Present and future medical expenses
- Present and future wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Funeral costs
It’s important to remember that the insurance adjusters work for the insurance company and not for you. Therefore, they only have their best interest at heart. In the early stages of an injury claim, they tend to make settlement offers. Never accept a quick settlement without first contacting a knowledgeable truck accident lawyer. Don’t face the insurance company alone. Contact us today and allow our years of legal experience to work for you.
WHY DO I NEED A TRIAL LAWYER FOR MY TRUCK WRECK?
Sometimes negotiations are not successful, and you will need to take your case to court. In this situation, a personal injury trial attorney will represent you and present your case to a judge or jury. Working with an experienced trial lawyer who is comfortable in the courtroom, and who has a deep understanding of the litigation process can make the difference in the outcome of your lawsuit.
The attorneys at Hagen Rosskopf have spent years honing their skills as personal injury litigators in State, Superior and Federal courts in counties all over Georgia. Their trial and litigation experience allow them to fully understand the value of your case, advise you of your options for your unique situation. An experienced trial lawyer can better serve you. The insurance companies know that Hagen Rosskopf is a litigation law firm that is not afraid to take negligent drivers to court.
A seasoned litigation attorney may also ensure that:
- All the correct parties are included in the lawsuit and served properly: when a commercial vehicle causes an accident there are more liable parties than just the driver and the owner of the vehicle.
- Ante-litem notice letters are sent properly if a government entity is involved.
- A thorough investigation is conducted to discover and preserve key evidence for your case.