Contact a tractor trailer accident attorney if you have been involved in a truck accident.
If you’re involved in a vehicle accident in Atlanta under any circumstances, you need to speak with a personal injury attorney. And if you’ve been injured in an accident involving the negligence of a semi or other truck driver, you need to contact an experienced Atlanta truck accident attorney as soon as possible.
That’s because someone from the company that owns the truck will be on the phone with their corporate attorneys before the ink on the ticket has dried, and they’ll start preparing their defense before you’ve even begun to consider legal matters.
Causes of tractor trailer Accidents
There can be multiple factors at play in accidents that involve commercial vehicles, and there may be more than one liable entity. When you’re injured in a semi-truck accident, you need to focus on getting well — and allow your personal injury lawyer to take care of the rest.
According to a study by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration of the U.S. Department of Transportation, there are three main causes of truck crashes. These include:
- Running out of the travel lane and into another lane or off the road.
- Loss of control.
- Rear-end collision with a vehicle in the truck’s travel lane.
There are many reasons why these above events can occur. Such reasons include:
- Truck driver fatigue
- Poor truck maintenance
- Truck driver inexperience
- Truck driver distraction
- Unsafe operation by the truck driver
- Mechanical failure
- Overloaded trucks
Truck accidents account for more than 4,800 fatalities across the United States each year. In addition, 1 out of 9 traffic fatalities involved a large truck and another 100,000 individuals are injured in these types of accidents each year. Therefore, taking extra precautions when driving around a large truck is best to protect both yourself and the truck driver.
How Bruce Proves Truck Driver Negligence
Bruce A. Hagen will help to prove truck driver negligence by conducting a thorough investigation to pinpoint negligent behavior that caused your injuries. Bruce may do the following:
- Investigate whether or not the vehicle was maintained properly.
- Review the truck driver’s company logbooks to ensure that state trucking regulations were correctly followed.
- Investigate the credentials of the truck driver.
- Investigate if all traffic laws were followed by the truck driver.
- Review police reports, photographs, and witness statements from the scene of the accident.
- Investigate whether or not there were any manufacturing defects in the truck.
Compensation That Can Be Recovered
If you are the victim of a truck accident in the Atlanta area, you may be entitled to recover damages for losses, including:
- Present and future medical expenses
- Present and future wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Funeral costs
Truck Accident Lawsuit Process
Bruce Hagen is an experienced truck accident attorney and can help with what to do after an accident has occurred. Here is a breakdown of the entire lawsuit process:
- Begin With An Investigation: Following an accident, the insurance company for the truck driver, owner, or company will send analysts to review the scene of the accident and gather evidence. They do so to limit their potential liability and will try to offer you a low-ball settlement. They are seeking information that they may be able to use against you. So, you must contact Atlanta truck accident attorney Bruce A. Hagen immediately. He will assist you in investigating of your own. He can also help you handle discussions with the insurance company and any other parties involved.
- Creating a Claim: Using the information collected from the investigation, Bruce A. Hagen will create your claim. In this claim, there will be a list of injuries you obtained from the accident, a request of compensation for your losses, and will include detailed information of how the opposing party was negligent and entirely responsible.
- Conducting Negotiations: Before filing your lawsuit, our attorneys will likely attempt to negotiate a financial settlement with the insurer without going to court. Another round of negotiations may occur after your lawsuit has been formally filed with the state of Georgia. If this is unsuccessful, your case will then go to court.
- Litigation: If your case goes to court, one of our attorneys and the opposing party will have the opportunity to present your case in front of a judge and/or jury. Our attorneys work hard to ensure that your case will be successful and that you will recover compensation for your injuries.
The Insurance Adjuster is Not on Your Side
In the end, it’s important to remember that the insurance adjusters work for the insurance company and not you. Therefore, they only have their best interest at heart. In the early stages of an injury claim, they tend to make settlement offers.
Never accept a quick settlement without first contacting a knowledgeable truck accident lawyer from Hagen Law. Don’t face the insurance company alone. Allow our years of legal experience to work for you.
Contact Experienced Truck Accident Attorney Bruce Hagen
Bruce A. Hagen has the knowledge and familiarity you need after being involved in an auto accident with a large truck. You have the right to receive maximum compensation for your injuries, and we can help you do so successfully. Our attorneys are here to help you by taking care of all legal issues and getting you back to focusing on what’s most important – your health.