Car accidents don't only cause permanent injuries but financial losses as well
Car accidents can cause debilitating and permanent injuries. These injuries can often lead to substantial financial losses for the individuals who have involved in the accidents as well as their families. Under Georgia law, you have the right to recover any damages (cost of repairs, medical expenses, lost wages, etc.) from the party who is responsible. You may also be entitled to compensation for any pain and suffering you have endured as a result of the accident.
What are some of the Common Types of Automobile Collisions?
Many kinds of collisions can lead to significant injuries including:
- Single-vehicle collisions – These accidents are common among inexperienced drivers and typically involve one vehicle and a stationary object. They can be the result of reckless driving or dangerous road conditions like icy roads.
- Rear-end collisions – These occur when a vehicle is following another vehicle too closely. These incidents can also occur if traffic stops abruptly. These types of accidents typically cause whiplash and neck injuries.
- Side impact collisions – These accidents typically occur at intersections where traffic has to cross in front of other lanes while turning. They can be caused by negligent drivers running stop signs or red lights.
When Do I Need to Hire a Car Accident Attorney?
In simple cases where the fault is clear or damage was minor, an attorney may not be needed. However, you should hire an attorney in the following situations:
- You have extenuating circumstances which make your claim more valuable—for instance, you’re a caregiver and can no longer take care of your ill loved one—and you’re not sure how to prove the loss.
- The insurance company’s offered settlement is too low.
- Your injuries are significant, and you have substantial medical bills.
- The insurance company has not accepted your claim.
- The injured individual is a minor.
- The other driver is at fault but is trying to dispute liability.
- The situation around the accident is complex and requires investigation.
What Will My Automobile Collision Injury Claim Include?
Your injury claim will include:
- Compensation request
- The negligent driver’s behavior
If you were involved in an automobile accident—whether you were a car that was hit by a semi-truck or an automobile that was simply hit by another car—if the other driver was at fault, you may be entitled to compensation. Give us a call today, and allow us to help you receive the compensation you deserve.